Hello

We managed to install Galaxy according to the unified method, with the
runner and the web application running on separate machines sharing by
NFS the same storage space where the Galaxy files are.

The thing is, the data must be saved in another NFS storage space so we
had to define the file paths accordingly, including modifying (and
exporting) the TMP environment variables for both machines, so that the
temporary directory is in the shared NFS volume meant to host the data.

My question is: What exactly is the new_file_path configuration value
for since it doesn't seem to have any effect if the TMP environment
variable doesn't do the job?

Wouldn't there be a solution for using the new_file_path value instead
of having to rely on the shell variables for temporary files?

Best regards
L-A