Hello Joe,

Yes, our documentation is lacking here, and what is available is very outdated.

On Mar 28, 2011, at 4:11 PM, Joe Cruz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Where can I find information on setting up Galaxy to communicate directly
> with a sequencer?  I know of this place:
>
> http://main.g2.bx.psu.edu/u/rkchak/p/sts-admin-setup-sample-tracking
>
> but it doesn't seem to be up to date since there are no Sequencer
> Configuration options on my Admin page (instead External Services, which only
> has ABI SOLID 3 type).

The current documentation refers to the "Sequencer Configuration" item on the
Admin menu, but this has been changed to be labeled "Manage sequencers and
external services", as you've noted.  To add a new sequencer brand ( in
addition to the AB SOLiD ), you'll need to add a new XML configuration file
that defines the brand you want to the ~/external_service_types subdirectory,
and then add a reference to the new XML file to the
external_service_types_conf.xml file in the Galaxy install directory.

> Your help is very much appreciated.
>
> Joe

Greg Von Kuster
Galaxy Development Team