Hello Alex,

We have a similar setup, and this is how we implemented it:
1. all users must be logged in, so $userEmail is set to the correct user name
and can't be changed by the user.

2. Created an admin Mysql user that can load data into the DB (and create
tables, etc.) - with access to all users' tables.

3. the command line tool in galaxy uses this MySQL admin user to load the data,
so password from the galaxy user is not an issue.

4. The command line galaxy tool takes
$userEmail as parameter so the tool knows which user's tables need to be
updated.

-gordon