Hi all,

I'm trying to write a new tool working with tabular data (specifically
a Reciprocal Best Hits (RBH) tool using BLAST style tabular output).

I want the user to be able to choose a column number (from one of the
input files), but I have a default column in mind. However, Galaxy
doesn't seem to obey the default column number:

    <inputs>
        <param name="a_vs_b" type="data" format="tabular" label="Hits
from querying A against B" description="Tabular file, e.g. BLAST
output" />
        <param name="b_vs_a" type="data" format="tabular" label="Hits
from querying B against A" description="Tabular file, e.g. BLAST
output" />
        <param name="id1" type="data_column" data_ref="a_vs_b"
multiple="False" numerical="False" value="1" label="Column containing
query ID" help="This is column 1 in standard BLAST tabular output" />
        <param name="id2" type="data_column" data_ref="a_vs_b"
multiple="False" numerical="False" value="2" label="Column containing
match ID" help="This is column 2 in standard BLAST tabular output"/>
        <param name="score" type="data_column" data_ref="a_vs_b"
multiple="False" numerical="False" value="12" label="Column containing
containing score to rank on" help="The bitscore is column 12 in
standard BLAST tabular output"/>
    </inputs>

I've tried giving the default column value numerically (as shown), and
also using value="c2" etc. Regardless, Galaxy just defaults to the
first column.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?