Yan Luo wrote:
> Dear Nate,
>
> I can't start my galaxy and got the following information, could you please
> let me know how we can fix it as soon as possible? We were running the
> system, it was down last night suddenly. Hope we can fix it today.
>

>   File
> "/mnt/gluster-vol/home/kangtu/tools/galaxy-dist/eggs/PasteDeploy-1.3.3-py2.6.egg/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py",
> line 151, in server_wrapper
>     **context.local_conf)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/SocketServer.py", line 411, in server_bind
>     self.socket.bind(self.server_address)
>   File "<string>", line 1, in bind
> socket.error: [Errno 98] Address already in use

Something (possibly another instance of Galaxy) is already listening on
the port you are trying to start Galaxy on.  You can determine what that
process is with 'lsof -i :<PORT>' where <PORT> is the port number you
connect to Galaxy on.  You may need to use sudo for this to succeed.

Assuming it's another Galaxy instance, you can probably find it with 'ps
auxwww | grep universe' and then kill that process.

--nate