Joe,

I think all you have to do is set up auth in nginx (I use the http auth PAM
module in Linux from http://web.iti.upv.es/~sto/nginx/ configured based on the
accompanied documentation) and then tell it to set the REMOTE_USER variable
when it proxies for galaxy with (in location / or where appropriate in your
nginx config):

proxy_set_header REMOTE_USER $remote_user;

And then turn on remote auth in galaxy:

use_remote_user = True
remote_user_maildomain = myhost.domain

Derek Gottlieb
HPC Systems Analyst, CSC
Alabama Supercomputer Center

686 Discovery Dr., Huntsville, AL 35806
High Performance Computing | p: +1-256-971-7416 | f: +1-256-971-7491 |
dgottl...@asc.edu | www.asc.edu