On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Kanwei Li <kan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> dhcp243253:galaxy-central kanwei$ hg transplant -s
> ~/peter/galaxy-central/ -b blast25
> searching for changes
> changeset:   5585:ab40f95393ec
> branch:      blast25
> parent:      5583:086c9c2c52b9
> user:        peterjc <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com>
> date:        Mon Apr 04 12:12:11 2011 +0100
> summary:     Update tests for NCBI BLAST 2.2.25+ which fixed subject
> ID in tabular output
>
> apply changeset? [ynmpcq?]: y
> changeset:   5586:124e4556f3c5
> branch:      blast25
> user:        peterjc <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com>
> date:        Mon Apr 04 14:44:52 2011 +0100
> summary:     Include optional parameters in BLASTP test to avoid KeyError
>
> apply changeset? [ynmpcq?]: y
> searching for changes
> adding changesets
> adding manifests
> adding file changes
> added 2 changesets with 4 changes to 4 files
> dhcp243253:galaxy-central kanwei$ hg tip
> changeset:   5338:124e4556f3c5
> branch:      blast25
> tag:         tip
> user:        peterjc <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com>
> date:        Mon Apr 04 14:44:52 2011 +0100
> summary:     Include optional parameters in BLASTP test to avoid KeyError

The above is strange - why have you got a blast25 branch?
Maybe the transplant isn't working as expected...

> dhcp243253:galaxy-central kanwei$ hg push
> pushing to https://kan...@bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/
> searching for changes
> abort: push creates new remote branches: blast25!
> (use 'hg push --new-branch' to create new remote branches)
> dhcp243253:galaxy-central kanwei$ hg merge blast25
> abort: merging with a working directory ancestor has no effect

It looks like you are on the blast25 branch, try checking out
default then merging the new blast25 branch. It should be
a fast-forward merge (just the two commits). Then you
can push default back to galaxy-central on bitbucket. I think.

> Importing the diffs gives merge error

Are you using a hg command here?

What I meant for the "Plan B" was just using the Unix command
patch to apply my changes "by hand" to the default branch.
Then commit it under your name. It won't be associated with my
bitbucket account, but it should just work.