Hi Kostas,

We've worked with the myExperiment folks to develop Galaxy-myExperiment
integration. Right now we've got two methods in the workflow controller
(lib/galaxy/web/controllers/workflow.py), one which exports workflows to
myExperiment and one which imports from myExperiment. Both use myExperiment's
RESTful API.

Exporting is exposed in the UI by selecting 'Download/Export' from a workflow's
menu. Right now, it successfully exports the workflow to the myExperiment
sandbox site; there is an authentication issue that is preventing export to the
main myExperiment website, and myExperiment developers are investigating.

Importing is not yet done. As you mentioned off list, the ideal scenario is for
myExperiment to have the same look and feel as an external datasource so that
users can browse the myExperiment website while within Galaxy. myExperiment
folks share this vision as well; they suggested that a custom skin of the
myExperiment website, and I think this is still the plan.

We welcome any enhancements/alternatives to this approach that you might have.
I'l brief Dannon on this code before he heads over for the Hackathon next week
so that y'all can leverage it if needed.

Best,
J.