On Apr 15, 2011, at 7:15 AM, Glen Beane wrote:

> I have been having trouble uploading a large number of fastq files to a
> library (180).  I am uploading a directory of files, and I am not copying the
> files into Galaxy.
>
> When I try to view the files in the library after uploading it takes a long
> time to load the library view (sometimes it times out), and when it does load
> it lists every file three times so instead of there being 180 fastq files in
> the library there are 540.  I have tried this multiple times after deleting
> the library and starting over, and each time it looks like there are three
> copies of each file.
>
> Has anyone else had trouble uploading a large number of fastq files into a
> library at the same time?  I tried to delete a bunch of the duplicate files
> but it just timed out.

I ended up creating 6 libraries, and split the files between these with no
problems.  It seems there is a problem when uploading a large number of files
into a single library.   I could open the library maybe one time out of 6, the
rest it would time out, and when it did open each file showed up three times.
After I split between 6 different libraries they open almost instantly and each
file shows up once.

I am running the last dist release, not the most recent one.

> --
> Glen L. Beane
> Senior Software Engineer
> The Jackson Laboratory