On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Leandro Hermida
<soft...@leandrohermida.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> For standard Python tools in Galaxy, I'm using
>> os.path.split(sys.argv[0])[0]
>> to get the path, which on reflection probably should be written as
>> os.path.dirname(sys.argv[0]) as you suggest.
>>
>> What do __file__ and sys.argv[0] give you? The simplest way to debug
>> this is to add a print statement, since Galaxy will show the stdout.
>>

> Hi Peter,
>
> __file__ throws an error: global name '__file__' is not defined

I guess the script is being loaded as a string, and run with eval(...)
or something like that. It would also explain why sys.argv[0] would
be one of the Galaxy script files.

> os.path.abspath(os.path.dirname(sys.argv[0])) gives me
> /path/to/galaxy/scripts directory which is two levels up from what the tool
> directory I want for example /path/to/galaxy/tools/mytool

So combine that with ../tools/mytool/ and you're done? OK, you have
to know the name of the folder your tool *should* be in... so not a
perfect solution.