Hi all,

I'm working on a simple plotting tool, and currently I am using PDF
output since this is vector based (so it can be rescaled without loss
of quality) and can be edited easily enough for use in publications.

However, at least on my OS/Browser, Galaxy does not show the
PDF files in situ, the "eye" button acts like a download link. Is this
a bug?

If I switch to making a PNG file, then clicking on the "eye" button
shows the image directly in the center panel (nice), but PNG is
not a great format for detailed figures or printing.

Looking over the tools which come with Galaxy under
tools/plotting/*.xml all use PDF or PNG.

How about SVG? Don't most of the mainline browsers have
reasonably good SVG support built in (possibly via a plugin)?