Hi again,

The version of the PostgreSQL server I am trying to connect to is actually 8.3. The DB department say they will soon move to 9.0.
The psycopg2 version in my eggs.ini for Galaxy is 8.4.2:

psycopg2-2.0.13_8.4.2_static-py2.6-linux-x86_64-ucs4.egg

Do you think it will work?

3. Find the pg_config executable and make sure the version you want to
   link against is the version found first on your $PATH.

--
Nikolay Vazov, PhD
Research Computing Centre - http://hpc.uio.no