Sorry to dig up this old thread, but how do you remove the check that prevents galaxy running on 2.7? One of my developers just updated his workstation to Ubuntu 11.04 (Py 2.7) which is preventing him from running Galaxy. I'm not sure whether it would be better to remove this check or to just install 2.6 alongside 2.7.

--
Branden Timm
bt...@glbrc.wisc.edu