Peter Cock wrote:
> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 8:18 AM, Hans-Rudolf Hotz <h...@fmi.ch> wrote:
> > Hi Ed
> >
> > You can use the variable "$userEmail" in the 'command' tag of the tool
> > definition file
> >
> > Regards, Hans
>
> That should probably be listed on the wiki,
> https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/wiki/ToolConfigSyntax
>
> Are there any other similar variables worth knowing about?

Yes.  I added these to the wiki under the <command> section.  Also,
since they used 3 different naming styles, I changed them all to use
the pythonic standard for constants and reserved names, but the old
names are maintained for backwards-compatibility.

__new_file_path__ = universe_wsgi.ini new_file_path value
__tool_data_path__ = GALAXY_DATA_INDEX_DIR = universe_wsgi.ini
    tool_data_path value
__root_dir__ = GALAXY_ROOT_DIR = Top-level Galaxy source directory made
    absolute via os.path.abspath()
__datatypes_config__ = GALAXY_DATATYPES_CONF_FILE = universe_wsgi.ini
    datatypes_config value
__user_id__ = userId = Email's numeric ID (id column of galaxy_user
    table in the database)
__user_email__ = userEmail = User's email address
__app__ = The galaxy.app.UniverseApplication instance, gives access to
    __app__.config and much more.  Should be used as a last resort, may
    go away in future releases.

The new names will be available in the next stable release, which is
looking like it will be out next week.

--nate