Hi, Todd

Composite datatypes work well to organise and present a bunch of outputs
without cluttering up a history I think.

The new picard tools in galaxy-central (only exposed on test right now) do
this in various (complicated!) ways - eg take a look at the source for the
gcbias tool
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/src/43e581afb8a5/tools/picard/rgPicardGCBiasMetrics.xml
 and
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/src/43e581afb8a5/tools/picard/picard_wrapper.py

<https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/src/43e581afb8a5/tools/picard/picard_wrapper.py>
I hope this helps give you a starting point for Galaxifying (or perhaps
"engalaxying" !?) many new tools!

(I'm moving this to galaxy-dev - probably more appropriate than
galaxy-user...)

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Todd Yilk <ty...@lanl.gov> wrote:

> I have a program I'm trying to "galaxify" that emits a variable number of
> result files. I would like the output of my Galaxy tool to show up in Galaxy
> as an html file with links to the result files. So when you click on the
> eye, the html file should up in the middle pane ... sorry if I'm not
> describing this in an elegant way.
>
> Creating a composite datatype is the way to go in this situation, correct?
> I'm creating a class that inherits from Html. How do I get the result
> returned from my custom "generate_primary_file" function to show up as a
> tool's output ... if that's the right way to go about this?
>
> Thanks!

> please use the interface at:

Ross Lazarus MBBS MPH;
Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School;
Director of Bioinformatics, Channing Lab; Tel: +1 617 505 4850;
Head, Medical Bioinformatics, BakerIDI; Tel: +61 385321444;