We have samples that span multiple lanes of our sequencer, that are the same
sample.

We'd like to have workflows where the first step is to concatenation the
fastq files for one sample, and then feed it to the rest of our workflow
(for RNA Seq).

Unfortunately, when I use the Concatenation module as the first step in my
worflow, it doesn't have the "Add New Dataset" button appear when running
the workflow, and I don't see a way to force it in the workflow editor to
"Set at runtime".

Is this a bug?  Is there a fix forthcoming?

Sure I could do this concatenation as a stand-alone module first and then
run the workflow separately with my new fastq file, but for my users I'd
rather it be part of the workflow.

Thanks,

Dave