Fred,

I can probably offer some advice if you can clarify a little bit on how you
want this to work.  Do you want to run a workflow inside galaxy and then
display all of the resultant data in an external viewer, initiated from galaxy?
 Or would all of the interaction happen outside of galaxy in this external
application?

In either case, you're probably going to want to take a look into the Galaxy
API.  When you do, note that there are a few additions that will be available
shortly for browsing histories.

-Dannon