One of my colleagues is having trouble developing a peculiar tool: it
has no inputs. This makes sense in our local context - it fetches some
constantly updating remote data for the current user - but implementing
it has escaped our skill. Galaxy complains about a tool with no params
(i.e. an empty <inputs>). It complains about a tool with no <inputs>
tag. Hidden input fields don't seem to work (i.e. looks like I'm getting
the cached value of the form).

It is admittedly a fairly niche use-case and we could put in a dummy
field and simply not use it, but that seems inelegant. Any suggestions?

----

Paul Agapow (paul-michael.aga...@hpa.org.uk)

Bioinformatics, Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency

The information contained in the EMail and any attachments is
confidential and intended solely and for the attention and use of
the named addressee(s). It may not be disclosed to any other person
without the express authority of the HPA, or the intended
recipient, or both. If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part
of it. This footnote also confirms that this EMail has been swept
for computer viruses, but please re-sweep any attachments before
opening or saving. HTTP://www.HPA.org.uk