From: galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu
[mailto:galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu] On Behalf Of Paul-Michael Agapow
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 7:45 AM
To: galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Subject: [galaxy-dev] A tool with no inputs

One of my colleagues is having trouble developing a peculiar tool: it has no
inputs. This makes sense in our local context - it fetches some constantly
updating remote data for the current user - but implementing it has escaped our
skill. Galaxy complains about a tool with no params (i.e. an empty <inputs>).
It complains about a tool with no <inputs> tag. Hidden input fields don't seem
to work (i.e. looks like I'm getting the cached value of the form).

It is admittedly a fairly niche use-case and we could put in a dummy field and
simply not use it, but that seems inelegant. Any suggestions?

----
Paul Agapow (paul-michael.aga...@hpa.org.uk)
Bioinformatics, Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency

information contained in the EMail and any attachments is confidential and
intended solely and for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It may
not be disclosed to any other person without the express authority of the HPA,
or the intended recipient, or both. If you are not the intended recipient, you
must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part of it.
This footnote also confirms that this EMail has been swept for computer
viruses, but please re-sweep any attachments before opening or saving.
HTTP://www.HPA.org.uk