Peter Cock wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Spunde, Alex <aspu...@illumina.com> wrote:
> > Same thing:
> >
> > [aspunde@ilmnhw-biolin10 galaxy-dist]$ python ./scripts/fetch_eggs.py
> > Fetched http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/Babel/Babel-0.9.4-py2.6.egg
> > Fetched http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/docutils/docutils-0.7-py2.6.egg
> > Fetched
> > http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/pysqlite/pysqlite-2.5.6_3.6.17_static-py2.6-linux-x86_64-ucs2.egg
> > Fetched
> > http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/GeneTrack/GeneTrack-2.0.0_beta_1_dev_48da9e998f0caf01c5be731e926f4b0481f658f0-py2.6.egg
> > One or more of the python eggs necessary to run Galaxy couldn't be
> > downloaded automatically.  You can try building them by hand (all
> > at once) with:
> >   python scripts/scramble.py
> > Or individually:
> >   python scripts/scramble.py Babel
> >   python scripts/scramble.py docutils
> >   python scripts/scramble.py GeneTrack
>
> I had a similar issue which was down to the file permissions - sudo fixed it,
> and I redid the chown afterwards.

Alex and I had a bit of off-list communication on this one and I forgot
to post the eventual solution back to the list.  There is a bug here, I
haven't yet tracked down the cause, but I found that it can be worked
around by repeatedly running scripts/fetch_eggs.py until all eggs are
fetched and the script returns with no output.

--nate