Hello Dave,

The index method signature of the user controller changed, so this is a
template cache issue.  It may work to simply have your users refresh their
Galaxy masthead ( the top menu banner that includes the login in the User
pop-up ).

However, sometimes this isn't enough to clear the cache, so you can fix things
for sure by deleting the cached templates in
~//database/compiled_templates/user assuming you have not changed the setting
for the template cache in your universe_wsgi.ini file.  If you have, delete the
files in the user directory where you have them stored.

Greg Von Kuster

On May 24, 2011, at 4:02 PM, Dave Walton wrote:

> We upgraded our Galaxy instance to the current Dist build at the end of last
> week.   Since then we've had a couple new users attempt to create accounts.
> When they go to the create user page (http://galaxy.jax.org/user/create)
> they get a 500 Server Error.
>
> The message in the error log is:
> 10.30.34.254 - - [24/May/2011:15:54:24 -0400] "GET /user/create HTTP/1.0"
> 500 - "http://galaxy/user/login"; "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X
> 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2"
> Error - <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: create() takes at least 3 arguments
> (2 given)
>

> Glen is traveling to the Galaxy Community Conference, he's the one that did
> the upgrade, but as far as I know, he did a pretty straight forward upgrade.
>
> Did something change, in configuration of the create user page?
>
> Any thoughts what might be causing this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

Greg Von Kuster
Galaxy Development Team