On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Peter Cock wrote:
>>> would love to hear more about how this will all work. e.g. Where would
>>> the tool shed repositories be hosted, and would tool authors use hg to
>>> work with them, or something like the current web based tool upload?
>>
>> They're hosted here, and you can check them out and work with them
>> locally as you do the Galaxy source itself, or use the new web-based
>> upload to upload individual files or tarballs.
>>
>> Have a look at the test instance of the next-gen toolshed here if you'd
>> like to see how it works:
>>
>>  http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/
>>
>> Please feel free to use this as a sandbox ...

Does that mean it will be cleared as some point before taking over,
so we can make deliberate test changes without the fear of them
being applied by other Galaxy administrators? If so, please stick
a big warning on the http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/ test server
(e.g. replace the top left link "Galaxy Tool Shed" with "Galaxy
TESTING Tool Shed"), and ideally some text telling people to
continue to use http://community.g2.bx.psu.edu/ for production
servers.

>> ... and report any issues you find.

First bug report: https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/issue/564/

It seems you've making a lot of work for yourselves by reimplementing
a web GUI for an hg repository. Isn't there an existing web server thing
you would have running on http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/ to take
care of this side of things? Ideally something you could theme and embed
within the frames of the current Tool Shed UI.