I am wondering if galaxy tools directory structure can be changed so that tool
configurations resides outside galaxy code base. Right now the galaxy code
comes with some default/pre-installed tools in the $GALAXY_DIST/tools
directory. Any additional tool configurations are also defined in the same
directory. I think if we use a separate directory for additional tools then
core galaxy code base can remain clean. This may help in updating the galaxy
code as well. Any thoughts?

Shantanu.