Dear all,

Do you have any color blind developers or users testing Galaxy and any
UI changes? Those of you with family members or close colleagues
affected by this are probably well aware of the issue. If not, please
keep in mind that red-green color blindness is fairly common, and that
color alone should not be used to distinguish status changes.

I haven't tried the change to see exactly how it looks, but based on
the comment alone (Remove error icon in front of red datasets, since
red clearly denotes fail already) I would suggest reverting this
recent change:
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/changeset/aa55fc70f31e

It might be a good idea to ask on the users mailing list of other
instances of confusion in the current UI. Just last month I was
showing Galaxy to a colleague and discovered he couldn't distinguish
the pastel yellow/green Galaxy uses for the background of the running
and finished history entries - but at least there is a icon to help
here.

Regards,