Hi everyone,

I'm facing a little problem ...

I have the following input :
<param name="input" type="data" format="sff,fasta,fastq" label="454 reads" /> <param name="qual_file" type="data" format="qual" optional="true" label="Quality reads file (if input is a fasta)" />

and the following output:
<data name="output" format="input" label="${tool.name} on ${on_string}: cleaned reads"/> <data name="out_qual" format="qual" label="${tool.name} on ${on_string}: cleaned reads">
   <filter>qual_file != None</filter>
</data>

If I provide the tool a sff file, the output is sff, if I only provide a fasta file and no qual file the output will be a fasta. However if I provide a fasta+qual the output will be considered as qual file even if it's a fasta file.

I don't get how it can mark my output file as a qual file knowing it's not a valid input file format.

Any ideas ?
thx,

Jerome