On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:30 AM, Ka Ming Nip <km...@bcgsc.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to set up Galaxy to run its jobs on my SGE
> cluster using the Unified Method, based on the steps described
> in the wiki:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/wiki/Config/Cluster
>
> My local instance of Galaxy is installed under my home directory,
> but my cluster is on a different file system. I need to "ssh" to the
> head node before I can submit jobs.
>
> Is there any way to set up Galaxy with a SGE cluster on a different
> file system?

I haven't looked into it in great detail, but we currently have a
similar network setup, and would also like to link Galaxy to SGE.

The main problem is the lack of a shared file system - in order
to run a job on the cluster we (Galaxy) has to get the data onto
the cluster, run the job, and get the results back.