Michael Steder wrote:
> I'm just following the documentation here:
> https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/wiki/GetGalaxy
>
> And I ran into the following error:
>
> $ hg clone https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-dist
> $ cd galaxy-dist
> $ sh run.sh
> Fetch successful.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Users/steder/GO/GoGalaxy/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/web/buildapp.py",
> line 81, in app_factory
>     from galaxy.app import UniverseApplication
>   File "/Users/steder/GO/GoGalaxy/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/app.py", line 11, in
> <module>
>     from galaxy.tools.imp_exp import load_history_imp_exp_tools
>   File
> "/Users/steder/GO/GoGalaxy/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/tools/imp_exp/__init__.py",
> line 6, in <module>
>     from galaxy.web.base.controller import UsesHistory
>   File
> "/Users/steder/GO/GoGalaxy/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/web/base/controller.py",
> line 12, in <module>
>     from galaxy.visualization.tracks.data_providers import get_data_provider
>   File
> "/Users/steder/GO/GoGalaxy/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/visualization/tracks/data_providers.py",
>  line 16, in <module>
>     from bx.arrays.array_tree import FileArrayTreeDict
>   File "numpy.pxd", line 119, in init bx.arrays.array_tree
> (lib/bx/arrays/array_tree.c:11323)
> ValueError: numpy.dtype does not appear to be the correct type object
>
> I was able to run the previous stable version of Galaxy.  Is there something
> I can do to get galaxy-dist running?

Hi Mike,

I'm moving this over to galaxy-dev since it deals with a local
installation.

It should be working, this would have been a problem for a short time
using galaxy-central, but should not have affected -dist.  Could you
send the output of:

  python ./scripts/get_platforms.py
  python -V

> Should I be running galaxy-central instead?

No, galaxy-dist is fine (and should be less prone to issues due to
cloning/updating at the wrong moment).

Thanks,
--nate