Matt,

I'm moving your Trackster question onto the galaxy-dev list:

> one issue I keep running into is that it's not super clear how to go about
> configuring the dynamic tracks you showed off in your talk.
>
> Is there some guidance somewhere that I am missing on this? I confess my own
> motive is to be able to dynamically interact with a sliding window-based
> algorithm for measuring DNA replication status from sequencing data. This
> would help us parameterize the algorithm before running it on the entire data
> set.

This (very new) galaxy-central changeset:

https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/changeset/a7e9af183746

formalizes tool integration into Trackster. To enable the "Show Tool" option in
Trackster for a particular tool, two things need to happen:

(a) add the <trackster_conf/> tag to the tool XML file;
(b) ensure that the tool has parameters supported by Trackster; only integer,
float, and static select parameters are currently supported in a tool's
interface, but it is straightforward to add support for other parameter types
as well, and we'll do so as needed.

We'll create a wiki page soon so that this information is easier to find.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Best,
J.