Nate Coraor wrote:
> Matthew Conte wrote:
> > Hi Nate,
> >
> > I was able to finally track down the login issue.  It had to do with the
> > following setting in my universe_wsgi.ini:
> > *
> > *
> > *cookie_path = /galaxy*
> >
> > Removing this out fixed the problem and I should be fine leaving it out out
> > since I don't need to run more than one instance of Galaxy.  I probably
> > shouldn't have had this setting in the first place, though I'm not exactly
> > sure what this caused the problem.
> >
> > Anyways, thanks for all the help tracking these issues down.
>
> Hi Matt,
>
> I was about to get back to this now that the conference is over and I
> was also wondering if that option was related - weird though, I'm not
> sure why it should have an effect, but I'm glad you've figured out
> what's up.  I guess there's a bug with the cookie path I'll need to
> check out.

Okay, in testing I can only get this to happen if the browser has two
cookies - one with the correct proxied path set and another set using
just '/'.  This arises from something like a bug in the library Galaxy
uses to handle the request (WebOb) and the fact that the cookie headers
don't include the cookie path along with the contents, so we'd have to
choose one cookie or the other to use as your current session (probably
the newer of the two?).

Since this should really only happen in the case of a user getting a
Galaxy cookie while running with cookie_path unset and then another once
it's been set, it should be pretty rare and easily worked around by
clearing cookies.

If you're still interested in testing this and find that clearing
cookies still doesn't fix the issue, please let me know.

Thanks,
--nate