Good to know that I'm not the only one.

Also, I didn't put the rescramble commands in my original email ( In case there
are other mac users googling this thread).

cd galaxy-dist/scripts/
rm -r ../eggs/numpy-1.3.0-py2.6-macosx-10.6-universal-ucs2.egg
rm -r ../eggs/bx_python-0.7.0_494c2d1d68b3-py2.6-macosx-10.6-universal-ucs2.egg
python scramble.py numpy
python scramble.py bx_python

Of course, you also need developer tools installed.

Ira