Hi Ross,

I agree, normally I use the label="" xml tag when possible, but the reason I
ask this question is because I have a tool where the number of output
datasets cannot be determined until the tool is run (a la
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/wiki/ToolsMultipleOutput) and I
really would like to change the dataset labels/names of what is produced.

Could you provide some insight as to how you get it to work with one of the
hooks? You might have seen in another post I made yesterday, when I try even
just a simple example using exec_before_job() I get some strange error :-/

thanks again,
leandro