I want to customize the tophat and related interfaces to allow more than one
fastq file per fwd/rev set as is allowed and very helpful in the CLI
version:
$ tophat -o output -p 8 -r 125 -G annotation.gtf myBowtieIndex
run1_fwd.fastq,run2_fwd.fastq run1_rev.fastq,run2_rev.fastq

Is there a way to select multiple items from a dropdown menu or can/should i
convert that part of the interface to a text input field so I can simply
feed the command a list of files like on the command line?  This last method
seems like it might be a little unsafe though.  But even if its not, it
divorces the file management from the history which seems like its not a
good idea.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks,

Gus

--
In science, "fact" can only mean "confirmed to such a degree that it would
be perverse to withhold provisional assent." I suppose that apples might