Hi Gus,

for parameters of the type "select" you can enable the option to select multiple options. However, this isn't really suitable for files, I think.

I recommend to use the repeat tag (see http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax) around the existing parameter to make it possible to select multiple files.

Sarah

On 07/11/2011 02:18 AM, W. Augustine Dunn III wrote:
I want to customize the tophat and related interfaces to allow more than
one fastq file per fwd/rev set as is allowed and very helpful in the CLI
version:
$ tophat -o output -p 8 -r 125 -G annotation.gtf myBowtieIndex
run1_fwd.fastq,run2_fwd.fastq run1_rev.fastq,run2_rev.fastq

Is there a way to select multiple items from a dropdown menu or
can/should i convert that part of the interface to a text input field so
I can simply feed the command a list of files like on the command line?
  This last method seems like it might be a little unsafe though.  But
even if its not, it divorces the file management from the history which
seems like its not a good idea.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks,

Gus

--
In science, "fact" can only mean "confirmed to such a degree that it
would be perverse to withhold provisional assent." I suppose that apples