First off thank you heartily for pointing me in the right direction here.

It SEEMS like i have managed to accomplish this.  Meaning: i finally got the
run to get past the parsing of the config file and now have a process
running on the cpu and the server log shows a command line string that
matches what I was trying to get.  However I am VERY new at the whole
Cheetah craziness, so I DEF want you folks to double check my work.

I would LOVE to contribute a patch but have these questions and concerns:

   1. I cloned the 'dist' branch not the 'central' branch originally and am
   not sure if my tophat_wrapper.xml version will clash with any that have been
   included in the central branch, I would assume that the system's diff
   capabilities SHOULD be able to sort this out but I am WAY more familiar with
   git than hg.
   2. I have created a bitbucket account and supplied my pubkey, but I dont
   see anything on the wiki that describes how a person gets "push" or similar
   permissions on the galaxy project what is the procedure for correctly
   submitting these types of piecemeal single file changes?

Thanks again for your help and I am very excited to have a chance to give
back!

Gus

--
In science, "fact" can only mean "confirmed to such a degree that it would
be perverse to withhold provisional assent." I suppose that apples might