Hi,

Looking at the example on the Tool Config Syntax wiki page:
Example

Assume that the tool includes an input parameter named "database" which is a
select list ( e.g., assume the following inputs ):
Toggle line
numbers<http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#>

   1
<http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#CA-4197fe3d76b4282c0f9aa2576fbdec6550c3174f_1>
<inputs>
   2
<http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#CA-4197fe3d76b4282c0f9aa2576fbdec6550c3174f_2>
    <param format="tabular" name="input" type="data" label="Input
stuff"/>
   3
<http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#CA-4197fe3d76b4282c0f9aa2576fbdec6550c3174f_3>
    <param type="select" name="database" label="Database">
   4
<http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#CA-4197fe3d76b4282c0f9aa2576fbdec6550c3174f_4>
        <option value="alignseq.loc">*Human (hg18)*</option>
   5
<http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#CA-4197fe3d76b4282c0f9aa2576fbdec6550c3174f_5>
        <option value="faseq.loc">Fly (dm3)</option>
   6
<http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#CA-4197fe3d76b4282c0f9aa2576fbdec6550c3174f_6>
    </param>
   7
<http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#CA-4197fe3d76b4282c0f9aa2576fbdec6550c3174f_7>
</inputs>

Assume that the user selects the first option in the $database select list.
Then the following will ensure that the tool produces a tabular data set
whose associated history item has the label "Blat on *Human (hg18)*".
Toggle line
numbers<http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#>

   1
<http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#CA-c1ccb05e35e84df1d17f7b92455ff66b9d18618b_1>
<outputs>
   2
<http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#CA-c1ccb05e35e84df1d17f7b92455ff66b9d18618b_2>
    <data format="input" name="output" label="Blat on
${database.value_label}" />
   3
<http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#CA-c1ccb05e35e84df1d17f7b92455ff66b9d18618b_3>
</outputs>

It shows that .value_label attribute should produce the string in between
the <option> tags, not the actual value.

Why does this not work? When I use it it produces the value, or am I doing
something wrong?

regards,
Leandro