Hey Galaxy developers!

I was wondering if anyone knows how to send data to a local galaxy instance
from another server (I'm interested in sending a BAM file to Galaxy). I see
that UCSC and others have done it but couldn't find anything about the API doc
they are using...

Looking at the request headers from UCSC, I see that this request:

tool_id:bx_browser
URL:http://main.genome-browser.bx.psu.edu/cgi-bin/hgTables
hguid:883956
db:hg18
org:Human
hgta_table:seq
hgta_track:gold
hgta_regionType:genome
hgta_outputType:primaryTable
position:chr10:90997300-90997350
hgta_doTopSubmit:get output
hgsid:62857
hgta_doGalaxyQuery:Send query to Galaxy

has been sent to:

http://main.g2.bx.psu.edu/tool_runner

Is this all needed? If so how is the URL to the data file passed to Galaxy?

Many thanks!
Amir