Jack,

Thanks for following up on this issue. I've fixed the problem in galaxy-central
changeset c176363cb7b2:
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/changeset/c176363cb7b2/

Finally, please send all emails to our mailing lists rather than individual
Galaxy developers or other list members. Sending email to the mailing lists
ensures that everyone can see and contribute to questions and issues; in
addition, emails to mailing lists are tracked and archived so that they are
available in the future.

Best,
J.