We have configured galaxy to work with our SGE cluster using drmaa job runner
interface. We are using 'unified method' for this install and
both TEMP environment variable and new_file_path in universe_wsgi.ini file have
been configured correctly. However, we are seeing some errors where local /tmp
space on compute nodes is being referenced by the galaxy tools. Specifically we
saw it mentioned in error messages from following tools:
 * bwa_wrapper and upload tools: 'No space left on device: /tmp...'
 * sam_to_bam tool: 'Error sorting alignments from /tmp/filename..'

Shouldn't it be referencing TEMP environment variable or new_file_path
configuration value? Is it getting overridden by TMP or TMPDIR variables in
python wrapper code? Has anyone else experienced similar issue?

Shantanu.