On our up-to-date galaxy_central version I have successfully moved the
database/files directory to mounted storage. After adapting the
universe_wsgi.ini it works fine after galaxy restart.

Now the tool-data dir becomes bigger and bigger and I wanted to move that to
mounted storage as well.
I moved the tool-data dir to the other location, made sure file permissions
were ok and adapted the universe_wsgi.ini tool_data_path to match the new
tool-data location.

Galaxy restarts and the loc files are read (since blast recognises its
databases). However, the bowtie indexes are not read since they do not show up
in the NGS bowtie mapper for illumina..... what could be wrong?

When I restore the universe_wsgi.ini it works all fine.
I am puzzled.

Alex