Ilya,

A patch is fine for a one-time fix; this is easy with Mercurial:

% hg diff > my_patch.patch

However, if you plan to contribute to Galaxy on a regular basis, we encourage
you to fork Galaxy and maintain your own Bitbucket repository.

Finally, please send all emails to our mailing lists rather than individual
Galaxy developers or other list members. Sending email to the mailing lists
ensures that everyone can see and contribute to questions and issues; in
addition, emails to mailing lists are tracked and archived so that they are
available in the future.

Thanks,
J.