Hi all,

I'm reading http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Performance/Cluster

Could someone expand a little on this section please:

> Create a shared temporary directory
>
> Some tools make use of temporary files created on the server,
> but accessed on the nodes. For this, you'll need to make a
> directory (galaxy_dist/database/tmp by default) ...

I presume this is talking about the universe_wsgi.ini setting
new_file_path = database/tmp (if so, could that be explicit)?

I would like to know more about this from the tool author point
of view. Could you at least give one example of a tool that uses
this temporary folder? As a tool author I am unclear what the
purpose is (and it would be a shock if I accidentally use this
mapped folder instead of the local temp drive of a node).