Well, you can give it a shot like that and see if it still works. I quit
using (and thus updating) the R-installation methods a while ago now so not
sure if the process was changed. There is high likelihood that R will work
(you should probably update the version number in the method itself). rpy
however, will probably not work - rpy was very hard to install to begin with
and that is why we moved away from this approach.
Alternatively, you can add packages I listed in my last email to the list of
packages under _required_packages method.

Enis