Hi all,

for the email functionality of our local galaxy instance I'm forced to
use SMTP authentication and to use a specific "from", which is different
to what galaxy generates automatically.

Now galaxy generates a "from" like
gal...@computeserver.imb.uni-mainz.de
but I want to set this to
gal...@imb-mainz.de.

A quick check shows that the send_mail function defined in
lib/galaxy/util/__init__.py is called in various places.

Is there a way to set the "from" to a specific value?

If not, it send_mail the only galaxy-function used to send mail?

Cheers,
Holger

--
Dr. Holger Klein