Holger,

There isn't currently a galaxy-wide configuration for the from header address.
Most places use frm = 'galaxy-noreply@%s' % host, where host is the fqdn of the
box, as you've seen.  I took a quick look, and it does look like everything
that sends mail uses util.send_mail, so you could just modify that method to
ignore the input frm parameter and immediately set it to frm =
'gal...@imb-mainz.de' and you should be good to go.

-Dannon