Hi Holger,

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 4:37 AM, Holger Klein <h.kl...@imb-mainz.de> wrote:

> Hi Dannon,
>
> thanks for the info. I'd like to take this a small step further. I added
> the variable smtp_from to universe_wsgi.ini. Then I modified the
> util.send_mail in ./lib/galaxy/util/__init__.py to check if
> config.smtp_from is set:
>
>    if config.smtp_from is None:
>        msg[ 'From' ] = frm
>    else:
>        msg[ 'From' ] = config.smtp_from
>
> Still frm is set to the old value (galaxy-no-reply@computeserver). Can
> anyone point me to the place where universe_wsgi.ini is actually parsed
> and the config dictionary is filled?

The parsing of the config file is done as part of Python's paste and it's
then made available to the rest of Galaxy via lib/galaxy/config.py. There is
only one instance of that class for the entire app but the send_mail method
you were looking at does not have access to that object. So, you should look
higher up in the hierarchy and set frm in the method that calls send_mail
(there seem to be several places where it's called).

Good luck,
Enis