Colin;

> If i type python in a terminal, it says that it uses the version 2.6.7.
> And it succeed in creating a class Test().
>
> is it possible that my galaxy distribution is using an older version? is
> there a way to check what python version does galaxy use?

Unless you've modified the run.sh script, Galaxy uses whatever
'python' points to on the PATH. The best way to check is manually:
login as the user running Galaxy and see what version 'python' gives
you. If your instance is running on a cluster, you may also want to
check that the proper PATH is passed to the workers.

Hope this helps,
Brad