Joseph Hargitai wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a best practices, to replace general SGE requests with requests
> specific to applications -

Hi Joe,

I've moved this question to the dev list since it concerns a local
installation.  You can tailor SGE options per-tool as shown at the
bottom of the page here:

    http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Performance/Cluster

> did anyone actually build such request options to be part of the selectable
> items in the apps menus?

These options are not user-selectable, although I think some people have
added this in the past, so perhaps someone will reply with a patch.

--nate