Hi

A small question regarding the setup of an external display application. At this moment, I have a display application that is linked to a particular datatype and everything shows up fine. In a second step, I want to make the visualisation more dynamic and therefore I need to have access to the input parameters of the tool that is used to create the particular data set. Is there a way to access these parameters from within my display application xml form? Maybe similar to the functionality of the info button of the dataset history item, which shows a list of all tool input parameters? I have looked at the according mako file and associated scripts, and the external display application wiki page but did not find a practical solution. As an alternative, I could put my tool parameters on top of my tool form and parse the value of the $data.info parameter (<param type="data">; column 'info' in the history_dataset_association table) within a <param type="template"> tag. This value shows however only the first x variables and, therefore, this approach is not a very decent way of parameter handling.

thx for any suggestions
Bram