Duddy, John wrote:
> Interesting - this was a workflow with exactly 1 step - the "add a column"
> tool. I looked in my database/files/000 directory, and there was no dataset
> id 53 - would that be an id in the history_dataset_association table?

Yeah, that's the hda id.  The files are named with the dataset id.

> In any case, I would like to be able to start a workflow for the user without
> interfering with any notion of the "current" workflow they may have open in
> their browser. Is that possible now, or do I need to:

If you did this with an existing history with a running workflow, you'd
have a bunch of interlaced datasets, which is probably not what you
want.  There's not a simple way of knowing whether there is currently a
workflow running in a history, though, since once it's at that stage
it's just a series of jobs. (recent enhancements aside, so someone
correct me if I'm wrong).

> -          Create a history and set it be the "current" history (how is that
> done?)

It depends on the session - you probably want to get the most recent
galaxy_session for the user and set its current_history to the new
history.  Histories are created with trans.new_history(), but note that
your session in the API is not your session in your web browser.

> -          Import my datasets into it
>
> -          Fetch the form (which will autopopulate the file inputs from the
> "current" history
>
> -          Let them launch it by submitting the form?

The rest should work.

--nate