From: galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu
[mailto:galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu] On Behalf Of Nikhil Joshi
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2011 3:57 PM
To: galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Subject: [galaxy-dev] outputting different numbers of files based on variables?

Hi all,

Is it possible to output a different number of files based on variables that
the use has chosen?  I have a program that will output different numbers of
files based upon the input data.  So, for example, if the user wants to use a
single-end fastq file, the program outputs only one file, however, if the user
chooses paired-end fastq files, it outputs three files.  Is there any way to
get that to work in just one tool?  I could make separate tools for single vs.
paired end, but I'd rather not.

- Nik.